If you follow my blog you may have seen my previous posts on Carmine here and here. You might be wondering why I haven't mentioned Glossy Box and Boudoir Prive on my blog before - this is simply because I haven't used the products from those monthly boxes enough to review them like I have with my Carmine boxes. Generally I was not impressed with either Glossy Box or Boudoir Prive and so considered dropping my subscription to one of these. More on that at the end of this blog post! Back to what was inside the three Christmas edition boxes:
Inside the Glossy Box:
- Blink and Go High Definition Mascara - a full sized product was in the box which was nice to see.
- Cargo Cosmetics Classic Lip Gloss in the shade "Paris"
- Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle mini nail varnish and a Stripped to Go sachet
- Mememe Seventh Heaven - a face primer which provides moisture and nourishment to the skin
- Rituals Foaming Shower Gel in "Yogi Flow" - also full sized
The product which excited me most was the Deborah Lippmann nail varnish simply because I have heard so much about it and could not wait to try it out for myself!
Inside the Jolie Box:
- OPI Gold Shatter Nail Laquer - this was a full size bottle
- Mitchell and Peach Shower Wash
- New Cid Cosmetics i-gloss in the shade "Baby Doll" - also full sized
- Jane Iredale 24-karat Gold Dust - a multi-use shimmer powder
- Yon-Ka Vital Defense - an anti-ageing cream
Bonus products in the box:
- Kusmi Detox Tea
- Joli Box Concealer Brush - in a handy travel size
After having received a lipstick (which I love) from New Cid cosmetics in last month's Carmine box, I was looking forward to using the gloss also. I have never used a shatter nail polish and so was quite glad to have the chance to finally try one out.
Inside the Carmine box:
- A visit to Benito Brow Bar for brow threading for one person
- Japonesque smudger brush
- Weleda Pomegranate Creamy Body Wash
- KMS California Freeshape Quick Blowdry - a pre-blow dry spray for hair
- Institut Esthederm Time Technology Cream - a cream suitable for skin of all ages
- MyFace Cosmetics blingtone is the shade "sp'ice'y" - a powder eyeshadow
I have read about Japonesque brushes and have heard great things about them, so you can imagine how pleased I was to find one inside my box! The brush is great for smudging a pop of colour into your eyeshadow look.
Overall, I was highly satisfied with all three boxes and I knew I would use the majority of what I found in them which was great. However, I still made the decision to unsubscribe to one and in the end, I'm afraid Glossy Box just did not make the cut for me! I have a feeling the Christmas edition box was a one-off in terms of the variety we received from Glossy Box and so I no longer subscribe to them. I have however, retained my subs to Jolie Box and Carmine and I definitely look forward to what the new year will bring for beauty boxes!
What did you think of the December boxes? Would you have chosen a different subscription to drop?